$80 $24 Save 70%
$85 $32 Save 62%
Any color$65 $43 Save 34%
$130 $18 Save 86%
Any color$85 $68 Save 20%
$85 $65 Save 24%
$180 $40 Save 78%
$130 $72 Save 45%
Any color$85 $48 Save 44%
Any color$80 $34 Save 58%
Any color$90 $50 Save 44%
$120 $40 Save 67%
$180 $89 Save 51%
$130 $70 Save 46%
Any color$120 $42 Save 65%
$75 $23 Save 69%
Any color$65 $30 Save 54%
Any color$100 $53 Save 47%
Any color$110 $41 Save 63%
$130 $50 Save 62%
Any color$65 $19 Save 71%
Any color$120 $48 Save 60%
Any color$170 $50 Save 71%
Any color$65 $49 Save 25%
Any color$70 $26 Save 63%
Any color$75 $29 Save 61%
Any color$160 $100 Save 38%
Best Black Low Top Sneakers - September 2019
Low top white footwear has been all the rage for some time. Meanwhile, low top black shoes, the counterpart, have been quietly retaining a following of their own. Black kicks are so versatile that fashion-forward individuals always seem to have a pair or two in the closet. They have been a casual staple for many years and are likely to remain so.
Many brands offer low-cut black footwear, often variations of their most popular models. Such options can easily be dressed up or down and can be worn for different occasions. They can be thrown on for casual activities and paired with different outfits, providing serious good looks in equal measure.
Trendy Low Black Sneakers
Low top black shoes come in different color combinations that either pop out or enhance the dark palette. Some of the colorways include all black, black and white, black and grey, black and green, black and blue, and black and pink. The most popular shoes in these colors are categorized as such below.
All Black Low Top Shoes
All black or monochrome black kicks have a seamless and stark appeal that gives them a serious and dark tone. Here are several popular low top shoes with a mono-black variety.
1. Adidas Continental 80
This model is a reboot of the original Continental shoe, which was first released in the 1980s, hence the name. Its re-release has gained a lot of attention due to the sneaker’s similarity with the Adidas Yeezy Powerphase. From the Yung series, this model offers retro styling with all the comfort one needs for daily wearing.
- It has a split rubber cup sole along with an EVA insert for flexibility and comfort.
- At $80, this model is budget-friendly.
- These men’s black low top shoes are offered in sizes 4-14. Several users have said that it has a narrow width, so going a half size up may be necessary.
2. Nike Air Force 1 Low
When Bruce Kilgore and his team first introduced the Nike Air Force 1 in 1982, it was hailed as a revolutionary sneaker. The model was the first basketball shoe to feature the innovative Air technology. Later, it was released in a low-top design to give basketball players more freedom around the ankle, along with more styling options.
- Nike Air technology gives this shoe a dependable, shock-absorbing and well-cushioned midsole.
- Another variation for all black low top shoes from the series is the Nike Air Force 1 07.
- It's easy on the pocket at $90.
- Sizes run from 5-12 for ladies and 6-18 for men. It has been known to be generally true to size.
3. Adidas Stan Smith
Previously named after French tennis player Robert Haillet, this model was renamed in 1978 for player Stan Smith after the former’s retirement. It was initially launched as a performance shoe but later transitioned into an iconic lifestyle sneaker. To this day, the Adidas Stan Smith series remains highly sought after, becoming casual staples for a smooth street style.
- The brand regularly updates this model without any change on the name. Some changes may be made on the upper or design.
- With a price of $90, these all black low top shoes offer bang for the buck.
- Women’s sizes from 5-11 and men’s sizes from 4-21 were released. Several reviewers thought that the kick ran small.
4. ike Air Max 95
This shoe was the first to exhibit a visible air unit on the heel, featuring the revolutionary Air-Sole system. It was initially created as a running model with an individualistic style along with enhanced performance.
Although the initial response to the sneaker was lukewarm, it eventually became a fashion staple and an icon, owing to its unique look. The forefoot bubble and exposed heel, along with the PU midsole, enables these low top black shoes to deliver superior cushioning.
- Another Air Max sneaker with an all-black colorway as well as a black and grey colorway is the Air Max 97 Ultra 17.
- At a price point of $160, this shoe is expensive.
- The size range is from 5.5-11 for women and 6-15 for men. More than a handful of buyers revealed that the shoe runs small, while some also felt that it had a tight and narrow fit.
5. Nike Air Max Axis
One of the previous models from the Air Max collection, the Nike Air Max 98, was considered past as an excellent shoe for long-distance running. In 2018, the model was used as the inspiration for the Nike Air Max Axis, the newest addition to the series. These women’s and men’s black low top shoes resemble their parent model in the design of the overlays, laces, and tongue.
- The sneaker has no-sew overlays for a smoother upper along with a smaller Air unit for a more minimal approach.
- It has a relatively low retail price of $90.
- Ladies’ sizes 5-11 and men’s sizes 6-15 are available. It fits as expected.
Black and White Low Top Sneakers
White and black are two neutral colors that famously go together very well. They are considered the most basic colors that can complement just about any other color. The following are some trendy sneakers that have a black and white colorway.
1. Adidas POD-S3.1
The Adidas POD-S3.1 is one of the brand’s modern creations. It was introduced in 2018 and was released in June of that year. With a futuristic appeal, this shoe’s upper is made up of knit mesh along with suede. The name stands for the Pointe of Deflection Bridge feature that delivers flexibility and stability.
- This sneaker has a Boost sole that offers an ultra-comfortable feel.
- At $130, these black and white low top sneakers are slightly expensive.
- With a true-to-size fit, this shoe is offered in women’s sizes 5-11 and men’s sizes 4-14.
2. Adidas Superstar
The Adidas Superstar shoes is top-rated among people of all ages. In 1969, the original model was first released, the first low-cut shoe to have an all-leather upper along with a rubber shell toe. During the 1970s, the sneaker reached further heights of popularity through the endorsement of NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
- The upper is constructed with full-grain leather while the lining is made up of textile fabric for superior comfort.
- It has a highly affordable retail price of $80.
- Ladies’ 5-11 and men’s 4-20 were released. Most purchasers shared that the sneaker ran a half or a full size larger.
3. Adidas Swift Run
Taking inspiration from its wide-ranging archives that date back many decades, Adidas came up with Swift Run model. It was inspired by 1980s running kicks and was upgraded for modern use with its Primeknit upper. Debuting in July 2017, these black and white low top sneakers have swiftly become a contemporary favorite, especially with their sock-like comfort.
- The midfoot area features the Torsion system technology, which delivers stability and support.
- At $85, this shoe is budget-friendly.
- Sizes are offered from 5-11 while men’s sizes are available from 4-13.5. Some wearers imparted that the shoe runs big.
Black and Grey Low Top Models
Black and grey are two dark colors that complement each other very well. They maintain the smooth and dark flair while breaking up of the monotony with their dark and light shades. Below are a few of the popular sneakers with this color combination.
1. Adidas I-5923
Originally introduced as the Adidas Iniki, this model was first released in 2016, with an upper inspired by the Adidas Gazelle. On November 2017, the brand announced that the sneaker was to be renamed as the I-5923 from Adidas. The name was taken from the shelf number F-5923 from the Adidas archives, which belongs to a 1970s runner called Mercury.
- A heel-to-toe Boost midsole gives this model a well-cushioned and supportive feel.
- These kicks are averagely priced at $130.
- Women’s sizes 5-11 and men’s 4-14 are available. According to several buyers, these black low top sneakers run wide, and the toe box was a bit too roomy.
2. Adidas Cloudfoam Ultimate
The revolutionary Cloudfoam technology is a sub-brand of the Adidas NEO label. One of the kicks from the Adidas Cloudfoam collection is the Cloudfoam Ultimate. It features contemporary styling along with innovative detailing, making it suitable for a modern lifestyle.
- Superior cushioning is delivered by the Cloudfoam sockliner, which molds to the foot.
- It offers bang for the buck at a price point of $85.
- Available sizes are in ladies’ 5-11 and men’s 4-14. It fits as expected.
Other Notable Black Color Combinations
Aside from the popular colorways above, black has also been paired with many different colors. Here are a few more trendy low top black sneakers in other color combinations.
- Black and green shoes offer a pop of color that is as attractive as it is low-key. One such trendy sneaker with this variation is the Air Max 270, with a slightly expensive price of $150.
- Another remarkable combination is black and blue, such as in the Adidas X_PLR, with a budget-friendly price of $85.
- For a unique flair, the black and pink combination will fit nicely. The Nike Air VaporMax Plus features one such version, with an expensive retail price of $190.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of shoes are black low top sneakers?
Most of the highly popular low-top black shoes are of the lace-up variety, which means that they offer adjustability when it comes to the fit. They are also categorized as casual or lifestyle footwear even though several of them were initially intended for athletic use. All of them are classified as low-top because they have a low collar, also known as the Oxford cut, that enables the ankle to move freely.
How to style black low top shoes?
Black is a staple color that can be fit for any occasion. There’s the penultimate requirement for ladies to have a little black dress or LBD for casual or formal events, while men are required to have black suits or shoes for business. When it comes to low-top black sneakers, there are a lot of options for styling. Here are some tips.
- Black shoes with a low-cut design can go well with a variety of pants, jeans, and shorts. The result would be a laidback appeal with plenty of smooth styling and a put-together vibe.
- As most of the kicks have athletic roots, they can be paired with joggers or leggings. Tank tops, t-shirts or sweatshirts will complete the sporty casual look.
- Dresses and skirts in pastel or neutral colors will complement the smooth flair of women’s low top black sneakers.
Can low-cut black footwear be worn at parties or formal events?
Due to their neutral appeal, low top black sneakers can be worn at parties or events. They have a formal vibe as black shoes are traditionally worn with suits. However, it would depend on the style of the sneaker itself on how appropriate it could be at a function. The smoother the look of the model, the better it would be for pairing with pants or dresses for a party.
What colors would go well with black low-cut kicks?
Although black is a highly versatile color, some styles or colorways of ladies and men’s low top black sneakers do not always go well with other colors. Styling black footwear would be dependent on the look of the shoe itself. However, the colors that would complement black kicks are red, purple, blue, green, and turquoise, which all offer a pop of color.
How could one properly clean a pair of low top black sneakers?
Proper cleaning measures must be done to ensure that the shape and quality of men’s and women’s low top black sneakers are retained. Here are the standard tips that a lot of the brands have mentioned.
- Canvas kicks need to be cleaned with soap and warm water. A bristle brush can be used to apply the solution. A piece of cloth dipped in water can be used to remove any remaining soap.
- Leather shoes should be wiped down and applied with leather polish to retain the sheen.
- Suede footwear, meanwhile, has to be cleaned with a suede brush. Water can't be used.
- Laces can be drenched in soap and water for some time and then air dried.
- Most brands have noted that sneakers should never be machine washed or dried. Air drying is recommended.
What is the price range of low top black shoes?
Many popular low-cut kicks in black colorways start at a retail price of $80 up to $90, which is within the budget-friendly range. Shoes with higher prices range from $130 to $150, which is the slightly expensive category. Lastly, there are low black sneakers which have expensive price tags, starting at $160 up to $190.
What is the fit and sizing of low top black footwear?
Low-cut black shoes are often found in both men's and women's sizes. The ladies' sizing usually ranges from 5-11, while men’s low top black sneakers range from 4-14. They are generally true to size, but some reviews may also mention that they run large or small, narrow or wide.
How could one avoid having the color fade on low top block kicks?
Some black kicks may fade in color over time due to repeated cleaning or through frequent use. To delay this from happening, never put the shoes in the washing machine. Always use a mild detergent or soap, and air-dry the sneakers. Avoid using black canvas shoes in inclement weather as they can fade quickly. Lastly, alternately wear pairs of shoes so that they will not get easily worn.
Do low-cut black sneakers look too formal or boring?
Low top black sneakers have a stark flair that makes them as equally eye-catching as colorful kicks. They don't look boring because they can complement whatever outfit one may choose to wear. Furthermore, they can even enhance the overall get-up with their low-key yet smooth vibe. The key is to balance the color with other shades.
Are low black shoes still fashionable?
Although there are many sneaker colorways and patterns available now in the market, black is still a highly sought-after color. Some colors are more flamboyant and unique, while some are retro-inspired, but people who like a minimalistic appeal are drawn to black colorways. This is because they are relatively easy to style and are very versatile.
15 best black low top sneakers
- Nike Tanjun
- Nike Air Max Motion 2
- Adidas NMD_R1
- Nike Air Max 270
- Adidas Swift Run
- Adidas Continental 80
- Adidas Samba OG
- Adidas EQT Support 93/17
- Adidas I-5923
- Adidas Cloudfoam Ultimate
- Adidas Questar Rise
- New Balance 997H
- Ecco Soft 7 Sneaker
- Nike Air Max 720
- Asics Gel Lyte III
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...