|Foot Condition:||Diabetic (A5500), Flat feet, Overpronation, Plantar fasciitis|
|Weight:||Men: 14oz | Women: 11oz|
|Colorways:||Beige, Black, Blue, Brown, Grey, Red, White|
Experts are walkers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Propet Stability Walker is a walking shoe crafted for men and women who are looking for extra support. It is equipped with an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam midsole for reliable comfort that has a raised arch to prevent the foot from overpronating.
- A polyurethane (PU) foam insole adds to the comfort delivered by the midsole. It has a gel heel pad and cushioning ridges.
- The footwear can be obtained in full-grain leather, suede, and nubuck variants. All materials serve to provide a protective covering that won’t hinder movement.
- The underside of the trainer is lined with rubber. The compound has been certified to be slip resistant in both dry and wet conditions.
The Propet Stability Walker accommodates both men’s and women’s feet. Both models come in a myriad of sizes and widths. For the men’s trainer, the B - Narrow width option is only available in US sizes 9 to 16, while the D - Medium, 3E - Extra Wide, and 5E - Extra Wide profiles are obtainable in all sizes. For the women’s version, the 2A - Narrow only comes in US sizes 7 to 13, while the B - Medium, D - Wide, 2E - Extra Wide, and 3E - Extra Wide widths can be acquired in all sizes. The leather, suede, or nubuck materials aren’t as soft as mesh but still facilitate movement. The plush interior contributes to the snug fit.
The Propet Stability Walker uses a rubber outsole. This compound is durable and has been tested for its slip-resistance. According to Propet, this model scored 0.92 when tested on a dry vinyl tile and 0.80 on a wet vinyl tile. The slip-resistant score ranges from 0.0 to 1.0, with the latter having extreme slip resistance.
The midsole of the Propet Stability Walker is made of EVA foam. This cushioning unit is soft yet able to hold its shape and support the wearer while walking. It has a raised arch, preventing overpronation during the walking gait cycle.
Inside the footgear is the PU insole. This component enhances the shock attenuation of the midsole with its gel heel pad and cushioning ridges. It is also removable, allowing owners to put in place custom orthotics if needed.
The Propet Stability Walker employs full-grain leather, suede, and nubuck for the upper, though the women’s version is only available in leather and suede. All three materials aren’t as soft and pliable as mesh, bit they still allow movement while offering sturdier support. Furthermore, overlays of the same material are placed in high-abrasion areas to amplify structure and durability. Perforations are also found on the vamp, except in suede variants, to keep the inside fresh.
This trainer uses a speed lacing system. It has traditional eyelets at the top and bottom parts of the lace-up structure but the middle has metal loops that allow users to quickly thread laces through as well as facilitating faster fit adjustments.
Both the plush tongue and collar delivers the locked-down fit. The structures are also lined with a smooth Nylex fabric that reduces friction to avoid chafing in points of contact.
At the rearfoot is a rigid heel counter. This component keeps the heel steady and prevents the foot from slipping out of the shoe while walking.
- The Propet Stability Walker is marked with the A5500 code. This pair of walking trainers has been approved for reimbursement under the Medicare Therapeutic Shoes for Persons with Diabetes Benefits.